I can't remember the last time Kevin and I celebrated Valentine's day on the actual day. Kevin's annual work conference almost always falls on the week of Valentine's and this year was no different. We decided to use some airline miles and Connor and I flew to Dallas Wednesday night staying through the weekend.
Oh the joys of traveling with an almost 9 month old by myself! Its crazy how just two months can change your flying experience. Everything went smoothly on our way to the airport and through security. It was the 4 hr flight, Connor and I cramped into a window seat and him deciding to only nap for a total of maybe 30 min that made me want to pull my hair out!! Oh, and add it was a late flight, which didn't help to follow his schedule. Poor guy. Poor mommy!
Connor, your reading upside down. ;)
We finally arrived at DFW around 9pm and it was so good to see Kevin after 3 days of him being gone. Connor greeted him with a huge smile and many goo's.
Kevin had to work on Thursday, so Connor and I met up with my good friend Angela and her two cuties at Arbor Hills Park in Plano. We hadn't seem them since this summer when Connor and Austin were only a couple of months old. The weather was perfect and the kids really enjoyed their time on the swings and it was wonderful to catch up with Angela.
Austin (~11 months), Siena and Connor (~9 months)
Look how much Austin and Connor have grown since this summer!
Austin (~4 months), Connor (~2 months)
Later Thursday afternoon, Kevin, Connor and I went to visit Lindsay at her new apartment in Frisco. My mom arrived soon after with plans to babysit Connor so Kevin and I could enjoy a night out on Valentine's!! Thank you Mom. :)
We met up with Bev and Dunc for dinner Thursday night. They were also in the area since Beverly was having surgery the next day. We enjoyed family style Italian food, a nice bottle of wine and shared many laughs at Buca di Beppo's.
The plan on Friday was to do a couple of errands and then head to Winnsboro for the remainder of the weekend. One of the errands was Sam Moon. When we were there, I saw this toddler A&M tailgate chair and I'm still kicking myself for not buying it for him. Too cute if I must say so myself!
Gig 'em Ags!
Connor is sporting his new paperboy hat from Grandma that he got for Valentine's day.
We made sure to fit TexMex into our schedule by dining at La Hacienda Ranch for lunch.
Recently, Connor has decided he doesn't want any help at his meals. This makes for a HUGE mess. I feel sorry for whoever had to clean up around our table after we left.
You can't visit the ranch and not have a Rufio Special ;)
The rest of the weekend we spent in Winnsboro hanging out with my family which is always a good time.
Playtime with Connor
As always when we visit, the girls are all about Connor, especially Kaitlyn. I don't think Kaitlyn left his side the whole time we were there.
Fun times on the swing at the City Park.
Connor with his cousins.
Uno with the girls
Dad with his boys, Connor and Grissom!
Saturday night, we celebrated my sister, Lindsay, passing her Nurse Practitioner exam. We could not be more proud of her and this huge accomplishment.
Unfortunately, the weekend came to an end. But, on a positive note, at least I had Kevin traveling back with me this time with Connor. He did sooo much better on our way home. Most likely because it was earlier in the day and we had two seats between Kevin and I so Connor could stretch out.
I love the way his hands are crossed on the heart of his shirt in this picture. Precious :)
Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

No comments:
Post a Comment