Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Home Improvement Projects

Busy, Busy, Busy.

Kevin and I, along with the help of family, have been working non stop on updating our new home since we closed in January. Plain and simple, moving and unpacking is not fun.

I laugh when my pregnancy book talks about nesting and rest before the baby! I would say I'm full blown nesting with this move and rest has not been in my vocabulary.

The first thing we did upon moving into the house was paint our bedroom. Mainly becuase our bed is not easy to move.

Before


Most of the colors we used were the same in our Texas home.
After

Before
After


The second project was the kitchen cabinets. As you can see, the cabinets block the flow from the kitchen to the family room. They were a must go upon moving in.
Jeff, Rosemary, Grandpa, Donna and Dennis all came to visit and see the house one Saturday.
We put Jeff to work and he was a huge help in taking down the cabinets.


Bye bye cabinets!
Grandpa assisting Kevin with the final step.
Next, we moved onto Kevin's office. Kevin and I love a rich red color in the house. So we decided to paint his office a "Rustic Red."

Before
In process
After

Another weekend, Boston Mom came to help and the project was Baby Ready's room. The original color of the room was white with blueish grey trim. Kevin and I are doing a nautical theme for the nursery (white/blue) so all the trim and doors in the room had to be painted back to white. This took a good two days and we really appreciate Boston Mom's help.
Kevin working on the chair rail for the baby's room.

Joe, Amy and Ashley came by one Sunday afternoon and Joe helped Kevin with the blue paint in the baby's room.

As you can see, its a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment