Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Christmas 2011

Christmas 2011

This year we spent Christmas eve with Kevin's family. Saturday night, we all gathered at Boston Mom and Dad's house for Christmas eve dinner, gift opening and family time together.

I haven't been very good lately at carrying my camera with me and thus the reason for only a few pictures from Christmas. I'm blaming it on the pregnancy :)

Ready Christmas Family Photo 2011


Christmas day we woke up early and headed to the airport, Texas bound. This year our holiday schedule was reversed as we now live in the northeast, Christmas day to New Years day we were spending time with my family in Texas.

We celebrated our Cain Family Christmas on Tuesday of that week.
Kevin has been working on perfecting his rum cake. His grandmother use to make rum cake for special events and he wants to carry on the tradition. Monday night, he decided to make a rum cake for our Christmas dinner on Tuesday. Mom was his assistant in making the cake as Dad and I sat on the couch watching. Thank you Tim and Stacy for letting us borrow the rum as the liquor store was closed Monday.


The finished product- Rum Cake
They also decided to make an apple pie. Its so nice to have passionate bakers in the family. Mom and Kevin developed their own recipe from scratch and I have to say it turned out very tasty.

Tuesday we all gathered together for Christmas dinner. Tons of food and everything was delicious.

Kevin, myself and Kathy
The girls at their table
Bev and Dunc
Mom and Dad
We caught you eating that dessert! Uncle John and Bev
Kaitlyn and I


Later that night, Bev and Dunc had some people over for dinner and games. 
In attendance were the "Hericain's"
Pictured below we are in order of birth, Lindsay, Jamie, Myself, Kristen, Bev, Stacy, Mom and Vickie. Such a good time that night catching up with everyone. True lifelong friends.

We celebrated New Years Eve at Bev and Dunc's as well with a good ol fashion bonfire and fireworks. Good time had by all, especially the kids who were given sparklers.

Kevin and I headed back to Connecticut on New Years day. It was nice to spend time with my family all week.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and holiday this year.
Looking forward to 2012 and what all it brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment