Sunday, November 20, 2011

Table for 3 Please

Kevin and I are thrilled to announce that we are expecting a new addition to our family.  Yes, I am officially pregnant!  We have been talking about starting a family for over a year now, but with the move to Connecticut we had to put our plans on hold.  Now that we have settled in to our new state and acclimated to the temperature changes from Texas, we are prepared for parenthood (yeah right).   Needless to say we are taking on this next chapter with the same vigor and attitude that we normally do. 

For two weeks I had been taking cheap, early pregnancy tests.  If you are not familiar with these, they have two blue lines that show up if your pregnant, and only one if you are not.  However, sometimes when you are only kinda pregnant, but not yet really pregnant, it can have one faded line and one solid line.  Why the heck would they make it this complicated??? Kevin kept telling me that I was pregnant, but I wasn't convinced based on my battery of cheap-o off brand pregnancy tests.

On Friday, August 26th after 2 weeks of early pregnancy test taking, I finally couldn't take it any longer and broke down and bought a more expensive digital pregnancy name brand test.  I took the test and held my breath as I waited for the results.  Well, as luck would have it, Kevin was right.  The test read: PREGNANT in bold digital letters.  There was no mistaking this one. 

Wow....let me take a minute to grasp my thoughts.

Kevin was still at a bachelor party at Foxwoods Casino (it was an all nighter) when I took the test.  So, unfortunately he was not home when I started screaming and shouting "WE ARE PREGNANT!" I took a picture of the test and sent it to him via text. I also called him after sending the text just to inform him to look at his text message when he got up (it was 6am in the morning so he was definitely still asleep).  I wanted to make sure that he kept his phone private while viewing the picture message.

I knew the instant that he woke up, or at least consciously registered the picture, because I received the text response "HONEY!!!!!!! YAY!!!!" at about 8am.  We spoke briefly after that, but being that I was already at work, we decided to hold our excitement till later in the day.

When I got home from work that Friday, Kevin had a dozen yellow roses with one red rose (representing baby) waiting for me along with a huge hug. Both of us could not stop smiling.

We are so fortunate to have a great doctor.  About 7 weeks into our pregnancy she had us do an ultrasound to confirm what we already knew.... Baby Ready was starting to grow!

Here is our first ultrasound.   Here Baby Ready is measuring 7 weeks 1 day.  Kevin says this photo shows the baby has his personality. :)


Graduation Day!

We are now in our second trimester.  Our doctor sent us to Yale New Haven Hospital to have our first trimester prenatal screen done.   The best part of the screening is that they use a more powerful, higher resolution ultrasound machine.   Kevin and I giggled when we saw the baby moving around.   It kept waving at us, and we were fortunate that the ultrasound tech was able to capture it in the image below.

I think Baby Ready is going to be left handed.

Kevin thinks Baby Ready has his nose.


Luckily, my husband is a chef and is keeping my food cravings well satisfied.  He has been making his special home made salsa on a bi-weekly basis for me.   I think he may be getting tired of making it because the batches keep getting larger.   There is no doubt that this child will love Mexican food.

The pewter cowboy boot gives the kitchen a Tex/Mex feel!


In order to accommodate our growing family, our world class northeast realtor, Joe helped us find a new home.  The house is in the very desirable town of Old Saybrook, CT and is only a short walk to the ocean. The town, is a beautiful coastal city in Connecticut, in which houses don't come up for sale very often and when they do, they don't last very long.  Over the last 9 months, we have been patiently waiting for something to come on the market that was perfect for us.  Thankfully, around mid October this house went up for sale and we didn't waste any time.

Below is a teaser picture of Joe, Boston Mom, and I in the back yard. I will dedicate a whole post to the new house and the city once we close in January, so stand by for that.  Don't be fooled by the white dust on the left side of the photo, it is not beach sand, but October snow (crazy) left over from the Nor'Easter that hit a few days before. 



As of today we are 15 weeks 3 days pregnant.
The estimated due date for Baby Ready is May 11th, 2012!!
Reservation under Ready: Table for 3 ;)

As always, thanks for reading. 



1 comment: