Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

I love three day weekends!

We had a very relaxing Memorial Day Weekend. We went to our friends, Collen and Ryan Brown's, BBQ on Saturday. They have a Memorial Day BBQ annually and this was our first year to attend since usually we are not in the area. We got to meet their son, Dylan, who is a little over 1 years old. He is too cute. It was great fun catching up with friends.

I love the story on how I met Collen and Ryan. Kevin and I were on our honeymoon, cruise to the Caribbean, and someone called out "Ready?", "Ready?". We turned around and it was Ryan Brown, a friend Kevin knew from growing up. We met Colleen later that day or the next (I can't remember exactly) and we became instant friends. I'm glad we are closer now and able to hang out!

Sunday, after hours of washing the cars in the morning (Kevin's idea of relaxation) we headed to Stonington, CT. The atmosphere was perfect, beach restaurant with an outstanding view, live music and a sunny afternoon.


Later on that night we headed to the Griswold Inn in Essex, CT. Again we enjoyed live music and dinned on excellent fresh seafood.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day and took time to remember all of those who have died for our country.

No comments:

Post a Comment