This past weekend, Kevin and I enjoyed a much needed relaxing weekend near our place in East Haddam. I probably should have worked on the last remaining boxes upstairs, but the weather was picturesque so we headed for the beach. Saturday we went to Hammonasset Beach in Madison, CT. We will definitely come back here this summer. There are numerous public beaches and trails to enjoy.
My handsome husband posing for a picture.

Kevin and I.


On the boardwalk.

Sunday we headed to Saltwater Farm Winery in Stonington, CT. A view of the vines.

We partaked in a wine tasting. All were excellent wines, our favorite was the 2007 Estate Merlot.

Views from inside the winery.


Kevin enjoying a tasting.

The roof is in the shape of a wine barrel.


Later on that day we traveled to Watch Hill, RI. This is a charming village that is on the peak of thriving with the summer approaching.
Watch Hill, RI.

Kevin sitting on a bench located on the beach.

To me this is the ideal perfect picture of a New England beach. Kevin was able to capture it on our camra.

Before heading home we dined at the Olympia Tea Room for some homemade Clam Chowder.

This was a wonderful weekend of relaxing and exploring.
I took this from a New England tourist website:
"You could live in New England for an entire lifetime and not get to see everything. With that in mind, imagine how daunting it can be for a tourist with one week's vacation to experience New England." - visitingnewengland.com.
I agree! New England has numerous quaint little towns with each their own charm and with spring finally here they are becoming more lively. I look forward to our next relaxing weekend of exploring.
No comments:
Post a Comment