I have to give Kevin credit, he flew out to Boston at 6am on Sunday morning after being up all night with me in Winnsboro at my Reunion. This was the only flight he could take that would get him into Boston in time to make it to the Church for the Christening ceremony. Kevin understood that he was going to be cutting it close, as the flight arrived into Boston Logan Airport at 11am and the Christening started at noon, over 30 miles away. In order to make it to the church on time, he asked his good friend Rushe (Jeff Ruscio) to pick him up at the airport. Kevin described it to me as a "military style extraction". He came running out of the airport terminal (in his full suit) an dove into Rushe's car. He yelled "GO, GO, GO", while Rushe squealed the tires on Maureen's car as they exited the airport. To the surprise of Kevin and I'm sure his family he beat almost everyone to the Church. Great driving Rushe! Its nice to have friends in your life who are always willing to go out of their way to help you. Thank you Jeff and Maureen, you are truly good people.
The Webster dictionary definition of a Godfather is; a man who sponsors a person at baptism, one that founds, supports, or inspires. It is also defined as the leader of an organized crime syndicate. ;) Thanks Joe, for starting my husband's soon to be illustrious organized crime career. He has been walking around talking with a hazy voice and speaking as if he has cotton balls in his mouth. He told me that if I wrote that on the blog, he would have me "wacked". I'm a huge fan of the Sopranos so its kinda funny to me. I know he will make a great Godfather.
The Godparents with Ashley
The Baptism
I love this picture of Kevin and Ashley. The smile on Kevin's face is priceless. How can you not love Ashley's puppy dog eyes here. She loves her Godfather!
The baptism took place at quaint little church in Carlisle, MA. The church holds special importance because Ashley's parents were married there around the same time two years ago. Below is a reminiscence of that wonderful day.

Kevin was in town until Wednesday and was able to partake in a Patriot game with the family at Joe and Amy's house after the Christening. Everyone was decked out in their Patriots gear, even Ashley. Unfortunately the Patriots didn't defeat the Jets, but its a long season and there was too much joy from that day for the loss to depress anyone.
Below is a picture of Kevin with our nephew Jackson, both decked out in Patriots garb. Jackson is growing up so fast and has one of the cutest smiles I've ever seen.
The following night the family gathered over at Boston Mom and Dad's house to celebrate Kevin's birthday. He claims to be turning 24 but I'm not so sure. (Sometimes I think maybe 14) In true Boston Mom style Donna baked Kevin his favorite dessert, orange cake! Everyone seemed to enjoy it. Kevin claims he only had a small piece, but I suspect that the photo below is actually his piece.
Ashley is a little too young for Orange cake but doesn't mind watching people enjoy it with her Grandfather.
Our beautiful niece, Drema, partaking in Kevin's birthday celebration.
A video of Ashley singing happy birthday to Kevin and my husband as "The Godfather." Too cute.
Before traveling home, Kevin was able to attend one of Drema's soccer practices. By the photos, I can tell Drema is going to be a great soccer player. Maybe she can teach me some skills one of these days. Kevin says she takes after him with her aggressive play.
Our house in Prosper is directly under one of American Airlines flight paths into DFW Airport. Planes traveling from the Northeast fly right over our house on their descent. Kevin always says he "saw the house" when traveling home from business trips and I never believe him. Kevin ignored the flight attendant instruction to turn off all electronic devices in order to capture these compelling photos. The pictures below are his way of proving that he was telling the truth. How often can you say that you took an aerial photo of your house from a commercial aircraft?


A wider shot of our house and Golf Course, Gentle Creek.

I was sad that I missed Ashley's baptism and my chance to see everyone, and I look forward to our next trip to Boston in November.
Awesome job with the video. I can tell you for certain that the photo of the cake was definately Kevin's full serving. I'm amazed that the photos came out so good from the plane. It almost looks like they are from google earth. Love the whole post. Very funny. -Joe
ReplyDeleteAww! I love this post :) We're so happy Kevin could join us--thank you for sharing him for the weekend! Ashley can't wait to see Auntie Holley in Nov. She has lots of hugs and smiles for you :)
ReplyDeleteI loved Kevin's description of how picking him up happened, i was there and let me tell you it happened just like that. The pics are great. Jeff also has been quoting the godfather since being asked to be Alysa's godfather. Oh these boys. But we missed you Holley, see you soon.
ReplyDelete