Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Welcome Connor Bernard Ready

We are thrilled to announce the arrival of the newest addition to our family, Connor Bernard Ready. Connor was born Monday, May 21st at 11:27pm, weighing 8lbs 3oz, 21.5" tall. He is healthy and happy. We are truly blessed. His middle name Bernard, is named after his dad, great Grandfather, and great Uncle. 

A brief summary of the birth story. 
Connor made his arrival ten days past his estimated due date of May 11th. Everyday past our due date Kevin and I would wake up wondering if today was the day. Little did we know, Connor had his own plan. My parents had a trip planned to meet Connor. The trip was planned for Friday, May 18th through Monday, May 21st. I became very emotional as the days passed during their visit and Connor had still not made his journey into this world. During their stay, Saturday and Sunday we tried many of the myths to move labor along naturally. This included walking 6 miles on Saturday, 4+miles on Sunday and engulfing a whole pineapple! Maybe this did the trick? 

 Kevin and I posing with my parents for a picture during on Saturday walk. 


Boston Mom and Dad came down for the day Saturday to visit with my parents. Below is a picture of us with Boston Mom during our Saturday walk. 



On Monday, May 21st I woke up feeling some minor cramping. We had a doctors visit at 9:15am and my parents came along with us. We met with one of the doctors in our practice since our doctor was on vacation this week. At the appointment I was dilated to a 3, 100% effaced. The plan was to induce me on Tuesday, May 22nd if I still had not gone into labor. At my appointment, I asked if they could go ahead and induce me. I really didn't see what difference a day would do and my parents were still here. The doctor said since our doctor was on vacation they were short handed and it really depended on the availability at the hospital. Also, because I was considered a low risk pregnancy I ranked at the bottom of the induction list. Needless to say, I started crying non-stop as she was examining me (hormones gone wild!). My mother, who came into the check up room with me, was tearing up as well. All we wanted was to meet baby Ready! 

The lord does answer prayers.

 Upon leaving the doctors office I immediately started feeling a pain I had not experienced before. This was a sharp pain felt all around the abdomen area from my back to my stomach. The pain would stop and start again. By the time we got back home from the doctors appointment (~10am) the pain was reoccurring every  two to eight minutes. Kevin called our doctors office at ~12:15pm and they wanted me to come back by the office to check my progress. 

Kevin loaded up the car with our hospital bags and we headed back to the doctors office at 1pm.  My parents followed us in their rental car this time in case we had to head straight to the hospital. We couldn't believe it, I was now dilated to a 5 and the doctor directed us straight to the hospital. Upon leaving the doctors office for the second time that day, Kevin and I looked at each other and without saying what we were both thinking...
this is really going to happen!! 

Picture of our hospital bags. 


Upon leaving our doctors office, they phoned the hospital to let them know we were coming. This was perfect and made our check in procedure at Yale New Haven a breeze. They already had our birthing room set up with my name and information. We were in our room and settled around 2pm and at this time I was dilated to a six. The pain was becoming more intense and at that time I opted for the epidural. Another doctor from our practice (he could not have been any better) arrived around ~3pm to check my progress. I was still dilated to a six. At this time he broke my water. The next few hours were filled with anticipation for our little one. Kevin was excellent at providing me with ice chips and keeping me at ease and entertained. By 6pm I was dilated to a 9 and the doctor said we would most likely have a baby by 8pm. I can't remember exactly what time I started the "pushing" phase of labor, but I believe it was around 7:30pm. This by far was the worst part of labor for me. I pushed for 3+ hours, however Connor's head was tilted at an angle in the birth canal and after an unsuccessful vacuum attempt the doctor recommended a c-section due to increase risk of stress on the baby plus I was spent at this point.  

Around 11pm I was headed into the operating room for a c-section. This is the first surgery I have ever undergone. I was so exhausted at this point I think it helped put my nerves at ease a bit plus the anesthetic helped. Kevin was right by my side during the process comforting me. I am so lucky having him as my partner. Our doctor who had been with us through the whole labor procedure was awesome. He did a great job with the surgery. 

At 11:27pm Connor Bernard Ready was born.

I love this picture of Kevin taken from my mom's phone right after Connor was born. The expression on his face is priceless. 


Connor Bernard Ready 
Born 5/21/12
8lbs 3oz, 21.5" long
11:27pm

Our hearts are filled with so much love for this guy. :) 








He is perfect and we are so blessed. 



My mom and Vickie made this wreath to hang on our hospital door announcing the birth of Connor. Its adorable and something I will keep forever. 




Love, Love, Love. 


Connor meeting his grandparents for the first time. 

Connor with Grandma. 



Connor and PaPa



Connor with Grammy


Connor with Grandfather

Below are pictures of us in the hospital. 









Connor's going home outfit! 


We are trying to pose for a picture. 

Not to happy with the pose! 



We came in as a family of two......and left as a family of three!!! 
The Ready's
Holley, Connor and Kevin


Who does Connor resemble most? 

Holley as a baby













Kevin as a baby









We are overjoyed with the birth of our son, Connor. 

Words can't describe the love I feel for him. Motherhood is more fulfilling than I ever imagined it would be. 

As always, thanks for reading. :) 




1 comment:

  1. Precious post Holley!!! Love the story of the birth and all the beautiful pics of Connor. I can't wait to meet him and to answer your question he looks more like you as a baby!!! Love the old pics of you and Kevin. Connor is just so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete