Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Holley Turns 30 :)

This year I turned the big 3-0!

 My birthday was very low key this year as I was 33 1/2 weeks pregnant.  Kevin was traveling for work and so the ideal birthday celebration for me was relaxing on the couch after work. 

Turning thirty years old is a major milestone in every ones life.  I began to reflect back on the last decade and think of how far I had come and all the interesting adventures that I had embarked on.

 Below are some of the life changing, big events that unfolded over the past ten years.

22 yrs old: Graduated with Bachelor degree from Texas A&M University

Myself with Robert Gates, President of Texas A&M in 2004

23 years old: Completed my dietetic internship

23 years old: Moved to Boston and accepted my first job as a Dietitian in May 2005

The picture below is my dad in the Tahoe pulling the U-haul filled with my things. Day one of our two day drive to Boston.



Mom, myself and Dad in Plymouth, MA

Malden House :) 



23 years old: Met Kevin in May 2005 (started dating ~June 2005)

Our first outing together as "friends." Kevin takes me to my first Red Sox Game.  Whats up with the two random girls behind us smiling?


We look so young in this picture

Dinner in Newport, RI


24 years old: Kevin accepts job in Texas (October 2006)


25 years old: Kevin proposes at Boston Harbor Hotel (May 2007).

The Boston Harbor Hotel is a favorite spot of ours. This is officially where Kevin and I had our first date.











25 years old: I accepted a job in Texas and moved back (May 2007).

Upon arriving in Winnsboro, my family threw us an engagement party.



26 years old: Kevin and I get hitched!!!! (March 2008)


26 years old: Kevin and I purchase our first home in Texas (March 2009)


28 years old: Kevin's job relocates him to Connecticut (January 2011).





29 years old: We are pregnant! (August 2011)




29 years old: Kevin and I purchase our second home in Connecticut ( January 2012).


I will end with some of the lyrics from the song "I Hope You Dance" by Lee Ann Womack. My mother gave me a book detailing this song along with a copy of the CD when I left for college. To this day, It holds a very special meaning.

I hope you never lose your sense of wonder
You get your fill to eat but always keep that hunger
May you never take one single breath for granted
God forbid love ever leave you empty handed
I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean
Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens
Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance


I hope you dance 

I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance
Never settle for the path of least resistance
Livin' might mean takin' chances, but they're worth takin'
Lovin' might be a mistake, but it's worth makin'
Don't let some Hellbent heart leave you bitter
When you come close to sellin' out, reconsider
Give the heavens above more than just a passing glance
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance


I hope you dance 
Tell me who wants to look back on their years and wonder, where those years have gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment